Saturday, February 14, 2009

Answered prayer

I have wanted to start a horse minisrty for several years. I have done nothing but talk about it. On Jan 23, 09. I prayed for God to open the door with the horse ministry if that is what he wanted me to do. Ask and you shall receive, the next day Kris & I went to the Al Horse Fair along with Jessica and Haley(Kris's friend). It was cold and raining. We went in and walked around to look at all the booths set up, well right there in front of me was a table from Spirit of Hope Youth Ranch of Wilsonville. (www.sohyr.org) I walked over to the lady at the table and told her that this was exactly what I wanted to do, Use horses to help people. Her name was Joy Oneal. She was very helpful. She gave me web sites and contact information to get started. And so I did!! God answers prayers!! Then I made arrangements to go and visit her Ranch. Nice place!! She explained some things to me and recommended books and clinics I could attend!
When I left there I called Wendy(Duke's sister) and we had lunch. Then she told me about a barn there in Talladega that also used horses to help children. (Marianna Greene Henery Special Equestrians) I met Tim Greene, the founder, he was awsome in giving me information. They are the largest facility in the US that helps the blind ,deaf, and handicapped. (www.mgharena.com) Wow!! God gave me two huge inspirational contacts in one day!!! What an Awsome God we serve!!
I have contacted John Marks, our Associational Director of Mission, he is praying!!
Brother Steve Dunn, Said he would be willing to hop on the board!!

God is just laying everything out!! According to his plans!!

If you know anyone who may want to help with this organization Please have them contact me!!

Also I am going to attend a workshop on March 13. (www.OKcorralseries.com) . Please pray that God will provide the funds I need to get certified. This is a continuing education process.
Warmly,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Hebrews 11:1 This tells us what Faith is..."The assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"(NASB) By having Faith in God and taking this "Leap of Faith" you can be assured that it will be a success to God. Hebrews 11:30-40 shows that through faith followers of God can overcome impossible obstacles. I have Faith that this ministry will impact the lives of numerous people and because of your leap of faith God will provide everything you need. (Matthew 6:25-34)

    ReplyDelete